Or... less elegantly,
0001: PA
0002: LIST VOC EVAL"@ACCOUNT" FIRST 1 HDR.SUP COL.SUP ID.SUP COUNT.SUP

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stevenson, Charles
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 12:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] How to print value of variable used in a paragraph

> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ashish ratna
>
> How to display value of a variable in a paragraph...
> If I use  DISPLAY @USER0 in the paragraph it just displays
> the text "@USER0" and not the value of @USER0

Vanilla UV, UDT paragraph: you can't, but...

I wrote my own verb that packs stuff from the command line into an
"inline prompt" variable.
( What is called Inline-promts are really paragraph variables.  the name
of the variable is (sometimes) also a prompt.
I think "inline prompt" is a poor name. )

   PA
   ILPROMPT.DEF "USER0 or anything you want" @USER0
   DISPLAY <<USER0 or anything you want>>

The guts of my ilprompt.def program does the basic function:

    DATA @USER0
    BREAK OFF ; HUSH ON
    DUM = ILPROMPT( '<<A,USER0 or anything you want>>' )
    HUSH OFF ; BREAK ON

that makes it available subsequently in the calling paragraph.
Of course, my DATA statement and ILPROMPT() arguments are more
generalized parsing the command line for a variety of things, including
a select or savedlists that does the equivalent of
<<R(delim_string),...>> :

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ashish.

You're welcome in retrospect,