Ross:

As we know, mvDbms products (other than U2) have security built in (see D3).
It was often not used, however.  We can only hope the U2 products address
this issue (not through SQL) since mvDbms development relys on the
applications developer and the business expert.  I guess that's sort of the
origins of U2 - Unix, where security is accomplished via the O/S system
administrator, which is not an advantage to the application developer.

An mvDbms was designed to be used by an application, and be managed by that
application, not the other way around.  This is understandable since the
development group usually has a better idea of who and how access is to be
granted.

Remember, an mvDbms is both a database and an application server in one and
this is an advantage.  Universe has provided transaction processing and
triggers.  Some internal security would be nice too.

Bill
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users