EQU V.SEC.SYNONYM TO COURSE.SECTIONS.REC.TABLE<I.COURSE.SECTIONS,15>
 PRINT.VAR = V.SEC.SYNONYM

verus

PRINT.VAR = COURSE.SECTIONS.REC.TABLE<I.COURSE.SECTIONS,15>

I'm not sure but I think, in this case, elimating the EQUATE would be
less keystrokes.

Don

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 4:03:24 PM 05/18/2004 >>>
Fawaz,

No, it won't speed up your app.  It will speed up your getting carpel
tunnel
syndrome.  Equates are used for several purposes.  In this case it
looks as
if they are being used to reduce the number of keystrokes the
programmer
will have to make.

HTH,

Gordon J. Glorfield
Sr. Applications Developer
MAMSI (A UnitedHealth Company)
301-360-8839

[snip]
> I have a UniBasic program with hundreds of equate
> statements like
>
> EQU V.SEC.SYNONYM TO COURSE.SECTIONS.REC.TABLE<I.COURSE.SECTIONS,15>
>
> and only thing they do is assign it to a PRINT.VAR
>
> PRINT.VAR = V.SEC.SYNONYM:" ":..........
>
> I am planning to take off the equate and assign the
> variable directly to the PRINT.VAR
>
> PRINT.VAR =
> COURSE.SECTIONS.REC.TABLE<I.COURSE.SECTIONS,15>:"
> ":......
>
> Will this speed up the process? Since we are passing
> the information to .NET with XML tags, any improvement
> to the speed is desirable.
[snip]

prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the

http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users