From: Jim Epley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 May 2004 21:24
To: peter watson
Subject: U2] Error 30107 when calling Subroutines from UniObjects

Peter,
I have encountered the same problem when invoking a VAR subroutine from a
UniObjects for Java program.  Here's what I found out that finally fixed my
problem:

1)  the subroutine must be properly cataloged (I assume you've already taken
care of this), and

2) any session initialization that the subroutine depends on must be
accomplished.

In our case, the VAR has an INIT paragraph that values some global default
parameters for the application that must be executed before the subroutine
will execute correctly.  I added command calls to the UOJ code to execute
the paragraphs, and that fixed the problem.  I'd guess you're running into
the same kind of issue.
HTH

Jim Epley
Midlands Technical College
Columbia, SC

UniData 6.0
Tru64 V5.1

The information in this electronic mail message is Confidential and may be legally
privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this internet electronic mail
message by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender believes that this
E-mail and any attachments were free
of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent.
This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By
reading the message and opening any
attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and
remedial action about viruses and other
defects. The sender's employer is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way
from this message or its attachments.
-VRG3a-
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users