David,
I assumed you've tried this, but just in case:
Go to the UniVerse Admin Control Panel.
Select Network Services.
Change the Telnet port to 2300, or some other unused port.
Try to reconnect.

If you have an IP port conflict, this should expose it right off. You can also add users in this section, make sure you have at least one.

- Chuck

David Tod Sigafoos wrote:

Dennis,

It appears to work on my XPHome machine.  I am currently trying to get
it to work on my HP laptop with XPPro.  It is the Pro box that is not
working.

Friday, July 2, 2004, 2:05:01 AM, you wrote:

DB> XPHome cannot run anything that requires you to login as
DB> administrator,
DB> as you cannot login as administrator unless you do so from
DB> safe mode,
DB> and safe mode won't allow you to do anything!

DB> XP Pro is more lenient

DB> In your first post you said XP Pro
DB> In the last one you said XP Home

DB> which is it?

-- - Charles Barouch (718) 762-3884 x 1 - Key Ally Voice mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Consulting services [EMAIL PROTECTED] - News [EMAIL PROTECTED] - U2-Users Moderator [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Zeus Data Integration Mount Olympus, Home of Zeus Data Integration ------- u2-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe please visit http://listserver.u2ug.org/