016 HFI<
017 P
018 C Use list just created
019 HGET-LIST UNIQUE.NAME.
020 H%5
021 STON
022 HLIST FILE
023 P

The one thing you cannot do in PA is run user exits and get the results,
whereas in PQ (and BASIC) you can.  I used the userno exit, but I believe
there is also one to return the pidno.

Although someone gave a BASIC solution, the overhead of that (to me) is
wasteful.  On the flip side, you have to know PROC and be able to (and
WANT to) support it.

Good luck.