Try this:

 <U2XML_extraction>
 <file_extraction start="/CDSPVTestData/PVTestData"
                     dictionary="D_PV.TESTDATA" null="EMPTY"/>
 <FIELD_extraction FIELD="KEY" path="PVTestData,MyID/text()"/>
 <FIELD_extraction FIELD="MYNAME" path="PVTestData,MyName/text()"/>
 <FIELD_extraction FIELD="MYCODE" path="PVTestData,MyCode/text()"/>
 </U2XML_extraction>

What I saw incorrect also was the use of dashes rather than underscore
marks.

Regards,

LeRoy F. Dreyfuss
Advanced Technical Services - U2 Technology Analyst
IBM U2 Data Management Solutions
Tel: 303-672-1254          Fax: 303-294-4832
Mobile: 720-341-4317
External email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:  http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support

www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support - Open, Query, Update, Search -
Online!

Don't miss out on the IBM DB2 Information Management Technical Conference
September 19-24, 2004 - Las Vegas, NV

             Peter Veenhof
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             tra.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [U2] u2 XML
             07/20/2004 09:13
             AM

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

Still doesn't work, same error.

I'm on UV 10.1.0

For extraction files, it should be U2XML, and not U2xml. It is case
sensitive.

Regards,

LeRoy F. Dreyfuss
Advanced Technical Services - U2 Technology Analyst
IBM U2 Data Management Solutions
Tel: 303-672-1254          Fax: 303-294-4832
Mobile: 720-341-4317
External email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW:  http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support

www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support - Open, Query, Update, Search -
Online!

Don't miss out on the IBM DB2 Information Management Technical Conference
September 19-24, 2004 - Las Vegas, NV

             Peter Veenhof
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             tra.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [U2] u2 XML
             07/20/2004 06:33
             AM

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

I've seen this discussed before, but have never seen any working examples.
Even the examples in the PDF's from IBM do not work.

I have this mapping file (CDSPVTestData.map):

<U2xml root="CDSPVTestData"/>
<U2xml record="PVTestData"/>
<U2xml file="PV.TESTDATA"
      FIELD="KEY"
      map-to='MyID'
      type='S'
      treated-as='element'
/>
<U2xml file="PV.TESTDATA"
      FIELD="MYNAME"
      map-to='MyName'
      type='S'
      treated-as='element'
/>
<U2xml file="PV.TESTDATA"
      FIELD="MYCODE"
      map-to='MyCode'
      type='S'
      treated-as='element'
/>

And this BASIC program (XMLTEST):

CALL OPEN("PV.DEV",PV.DEV.FILE)
STATUS = XMLEXECUTE("SELECT KEY,MYNAME,MYCODE, 'RVK' ACCT FROM PV.TESTDATA
TOXML ELEMENTS XMLMAPPING 'CDSPVTestData.map'","",XMLVAR,SVAR)
PRINT XMLVAR
WRITE XMLVAR ON PV.DEV.FILE,"TEST.XML"
STOP

Which successfully generate this XML (TEST.XML):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CDSPVTestData>
<PVTestData>
  <MyID>1</MyID>
  <MyName>MY TEST NAME</MyName>
  <MyCode>MY TEST CODE</MyCode>
  <ACCT>RVK</ACCT>
</PVTestData>
</CDSPVTestData>

Now here is the hard part..... I just want to use XML extraction as shown
in
the Chapter 7 of the BasicExt.pdf, so I write this program (XMLTESTEXT):

#INCLUDE UNIVERSE.INCLUDE XML.H
STATUS=PrepareXML("PV.DEV/TEST.XML",TEST_XML)
IF STATUS=XML.ERROR THEN
   STATUS=XMLError(errmsg)
   PRINT errmsg
   STOP
END
STATUS = OpenXMLData(TEST_XML,"&XML&/CDSPVTestData.ext",TEST_XML_DATA)
IF STATUS=XML.ERROR THEN
   STATUS=XMLError(errmsg)
   PRINT errmsg
   STOP
END
STOP

And have this extraction map (CDSPVTestData.ext):

<U2xml-extraction>
<file-extraction start="/CDSPVTestData/PVTestData"
dictionary="D_PV.TESTDATA" null="EMPTY"/>
<FIELD-extraction FIELD="KEY" path="PVTestData,MyID/text()"/>
<FIELD-extraction FIELD="MYNAME" path="PVTestData,MyName/text()"/>
<FIELD-extraction FIELD="MYCODE" path="PVTestData,MyCode/text()"/>
</U2xml-extraction>

When I run this XMLTESTEXT, I get this error:

"U2XMAP: Illegal U2XMAP file, missing the <U2XMAP>."

Anybody able to help? I've tried various other incarnations of the EXT file
from chapter 7 in the pdf but with no results. Chapter 7 doesn't even
mention the U2XMAP file. I do find U2XMAP file later on in documentation
but
I can't see how it relates.

Thanks,
Peter
This email and any attachments are intended solely for use of the named
addressee.If you received this email in error please notify the sender by
return e-mail, delete this e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or
action
based on the information.

graycol.gif]

pic12924.gif]

ecblank.gif]
This email and any attachments are intended solely for use of the named
addressee.If you received this email in error please notify the sender by
return e-mail, delete this e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or
action
based on the information.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of graycol.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic11281.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of ecblank.gif]