We have a software product that might be of interest - SIP (Serial : Internet
Protocol).

Runs on a windows box (Win 95 or later) and simply allows you to map any serial device
supported via windows out to a telnet connection. Serial devices (terminals) connect
to the "host" via their own telnet session - typically they just get a "Logon" like a
PC/Telnet client.

We have used for years in many applications (remote site serial concentrator, support
of "serial" RF base stations at remote locations)

For $250, it may be worth considering.

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage  an Evolution in Software Development

---