-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Phillips
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 2:28 PM

Another trap for the unwary....

If you use an operating system copy program to move a UniVerse file that
has alternate key indices, the index subfile pathname stored in the file
header will not be updated.  You may need to use SET.INDEX to correct
this after the copy.

I know of one major UV user who copied a file to a test system in this
way and later discovered that updates were adjusting the indices on the
live system across a network.  I never heard what this did for their
business!