[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am writing some Uniobjects for Java code, and am having
> problems with the connect method.
> The first connect to the Universe system is
> successful, but if I then disconnect and then try to connect again, I
get the
> error[IBM U2][UniObjects for Java][UniSession Exception][ErrorCode:
> 81009]The RPC failed.

I don't think you should try to reconnect a UniSession that you've
disconnected.  If you're done with it, disconnect and get rid of it.  If
you need to connect again, make another UniSession.

BTW, you don't need the UniJava object, it was there for licensing but
since IBM decided to include UOJ with U2, it's not necessary.  You can
just do:
   UniSession uSession = new UniSession();

There's sample code on the Wiki, I use a UniSessionFactory to produce
sessions.  http://www.pickwiki.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?JavaSource

--
Wendy Smoak