Presumably BRANCH and LEASE_TYPE are indexed......

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 August 2004 17:30
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [U2] Question on Unidata tables access speeds

I am doing select with BRANCH = "0616" "0844" AND LEASE_TYPE # "RA"

Also What is AFAIK, how do we set it up for multiple connections ?
thanks

                      "Brian Leach"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      o.uk>                          cc:

                      Sent by:                       Subject:  Re: [U2]
Question on Unidata tables access speeds
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      er.u2ug.org

                      08/09/2004 10:18 AM

                      Please respond to

                      u2-users

That might explain why one query takes so long, but not the time for the
four queries
(unless he is out of resource).

UniData can run multiple queries concurrently, but AFAIK only one per
connection. So I
guess the question is how DataStage is connecting to UniData, as it
looks
like DataStage
is scheduling these sequentially.

Brian

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:35:01 -0400
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>You may want to try FILE.STAT and see if your file is properly sized.
If
not, then use
>the RESIZE command.
>
>Just my $0.0000001 worth.
>
>Grant

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk

------
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is also confidential and
proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying,
distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.
Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this
communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in
advance for your cooperation.

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of
the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment.
Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896
0011 and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that
do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian
Securities and Investments Commission.