On all our VB code (which we no longer use) we did an explicit DATE.FORMAT
from the uniobjects session as the login is bypassed for those sessions.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Simon Carter
Sent: Mon 16/08/2004 15:28
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Quirk of Uniobjects?

Hello all,

Has anyone else found the following, or am I missing something obvious
here?

I've been working on some VB6 code running uniobjects (v5.2, as is the
version of Unidata/NT), and had the need to pass a date out to a
unibasic subroutine called via the subroutine object. Said subroutine
does a little bobbing about with the passed date, and then constructs a
further date (sort of day:"/":month:"/":year construct), which is then
ICONVed and returned to the VB program. The problem that I found was the
the ICONV in the databasic returned an internal date as though the
originally constructed date was in MM/DD/YY (American) format, although
being in the UK we use the European DD/MM/YY format, as specified in the
DATE.FORMAT verb (on the server, and also executed as part of the
login).

Is this correct? Have I missed something?

Thanks for any replies.

Simon Carter

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment.  Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011 and then delete the email and any
copies of it.  Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of
winmail.dat]