Chuck you said it all so eloquently, me....I would have gotten flustered and
replied with the unadorned Mommy answer (especially since my son's name is
Sean) "Just Because..."

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Results
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 2:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [U2] Precision question...

Shawn,
Virtually every system in the world is designed around the idea that
CPUs do integer math faster (much faster) than floating point. Despite
the increases in chip speed, a
calculate-in-integer-set-decimal-on-display approach is still
advantageous. Beyond that, F-Correlatives and I-Descriptors work better
with integers, so ad-hoc reporting is easier.

--
     - Charles Barouch
     (718) 762-3884 x 1   - Key Ally Voice Mail

     [EMAIL PROTECTED]  - Consulting services
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - News
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - U2-Users Moderator

     [EMAIL PROTECTED]    - Zeus Data Integration
     Mount Olympus, Home of Zeus Data Integration