-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Davis, Dawn
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 12:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2][UD] ODBC to UniData

I DID have the same problem, but can't remember how I fixed it :(
I know this may not make a whole heck of alota sense...but for some
reason I went into the registry on my local pc, found the reg key for
the pathname of the datatel db, and typed in manually the rest of the
pathname, as editing the uciconfig file thru the uciconfig editor
program wouldn't allow the whole pathname.  Obiously, opening the file
w/ notepad or something would also do the trick, but for some reason the
registry key would not be updated.  Also, someone somewhere said to have
ONLY the required info in the uci.config file.  Here are the contents of
mine:

[ODBC DATA SOURCES]
<Datatel>
DBMSTYPE = UNIDATA
NETWORK = TCP/IP
SERVICE = udserver
HOST = xxx.xxx.xx.xxx

Try taking OUT the db pathname from this file.  See if it works.

Dawn Janel Davis
DBA II
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(410) 386-8058