-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al DeWitt
Sent: 16 September 2004 02:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Copying _HOLD_ records to Windows folders

UniData 6.0.12, Realty Flavor

I have a program that, thanks to many of you, reads entries in the _HOLD_
file copies them to another name based upon information found in the first
record.  Sort of like this:

READ HOLD.REC FROM HOLD.FILE,ID ELSE HOLD.REC = ''
IF HOLD.REC THEN
  NEW.NAME = TRIM(HOLD.REC<1>[40,30])
  WRITE HOLD.REC ON HOLD.FILE,NEW.NAME
END

I'm being requested to have the program write the renamed record to a
Windows folder that the user can update:

WINDOWS.FOLDER = \\SERVER.NAME\HOME\MONTHEND\CURRENT.MONTH
<file://\\SERVER.NAME\HOME\MONTHEND\CURRENT.MONTH>
READ HOLD.REC FROM HOLD.FILE,ID ELSE HOLD.REC = ''
IF HOLD.REC THEN
  NEW.NAME = TRIM(HOLD.REC<1>[40,30])
  WRITE HOLD.REC ON WINDOWS.FOLDER,NEW.NAME END

I know I can't just 'write' it to the folder.  But I know there has to be a
way to do this through UniBasic.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Al DeWitt
Stylmark, Inc.