Field 2 should be:

CATS(REUSE(@ID),CATS(REUSE("*"),FILETWO))

At 02:04 PM 9/21/2004, you wrote:
Greetings,

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, but here is a background of what
I'd like to accomplish.  Hopefully, I have provided the right/enough
information.  Also, I receive the list in digest mode, so any dialog would
be delayed.

FileOne has a Muli-value Attribute<1> that contains a list of items.

FILEONE
ID=     12345
KEYTWO= 001^002^003

FileTwo's ID is comprised of FileOne's ID and FileOne Attribute<1>
(KEYTWO)example:

FILETWO
ID=     12345*001
ID=     12345*002
ID=     12345*003

What I'm trying to do is build an I-Desc that will allow me to list out
FileOne and with FileTwo's ID.  Example:

LIST FILEONE FILETWO.KEY
FILEONE FILETWO.KEY
12345           12345*001
                12345*002
                12345*003

Here is what I've tried so far.

I-Desc

FILETWO.KEY
001:    I
002:    IF KEYTWO EQ "" THEN "" ELSE @ID:"*":KEYTWO
006:    M

Results of LIST FILEONE FILETWO.KEY

@ID             FILETWO.KEY
12345           12345*001
                      002
                      003

Using SUBR

FILETWO.KEY
001:    I
002:    SUBR("-IFS",KEYTWO="","",@ID:"*":KEYTWO)
006:    M

Results of LIST FILEONE FILETWO.KEY using SUBR -IFS

@ID             FILETWO.KEY
12345           12345*001
                      002
                      003

From what I see, using either IF THEN ELSE or SUBR -IFS, the outcome is the
same.  Can someone point me in a different direction?  I thought the -IFS
routine would give me the results I desired above.

Thanks in advance
Paul

P. Hruby
Police Database Coordinator
Scottsdale Police Dept.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

*** Information sent from & received by this email address may be considered
public information ***