We run SB+ on Unidata. We normally use the SB+ (SE) to edit files.

Stuart Boydell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> On Behalf Of djordan
> I occasionaly need to edit a type 1 file of around 30-50 megabytes. The
> problem is most editors want to load the file into memory before
> working on
> it. Does anyone know an editor that would handle big files like this

You didn't say which environment you prefer working in. I use EditPlus (Win)
for all my editing needs - takes a few secs to load something that big but
it does it no probs and allows fast search (including reg exp) and replace
functions. Apparently "no size limit" on it but I suspect that falls under
hardware constraints.
Stuart

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3 9269
7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.