I have tested your programs with one major difference on my UV9.6: PGM2 eventually
abandoms the wait but does not go into the THEN block, i.e., the 'READU END' is not
displayed. As per Martin's email, the time to wait is controlled by the LOCK.WAIT.

Sibut Pascal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Dear all,

I had problem in a batch application so
I have written 2 small test programs

PGM1
OPEN "TEST" TO TEST ELSE STOP "CANT OPEN TEST"
READU R.TEST FROM TEST,"1" THEN
LOOP
SLEEP 60
REPEAT
END
END

PGM2
OPEN "TEST" TO TEST ELSE STOP "CANT OPEN TEST"
CRT OCONV(TIME(),"MTS") : " READU START"
READU R.TEST FROM TEST,"1" THEN
CRT OCONV(TIME(),"MTS") : " READU END"
END
END

I have launch PGM1 on a first telnet session and let it run.

Then, I have launch PGM2 on a second telnet session.

I was expecting the PGM2 waits until I kill PGM1.
Instead of that I get the following output from PGM2:

--------------------------------
10:56:08 READU START
11:56:09 READU END
---------------------------------

It seems the locks are automatically released by UV after one hour ???

Is something wrong in my configuration ?
Does this mean the READU locks are released after one hour ?
Is there a tunable parameter to adjust this delay ?

Can anybody help me ?

I am using UV 9.5.2.1 on an alpha server Unix tru64 V5.1

Thanks and regards,

====== The EFG Mail Gateway made the following annotation(s). ======
This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should return it to the
sender immediately and delete the copy from your system.
EFG is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion, recommendation, conclusion,
solicitation, offer or agreement or any information contained in this communication.
EFG cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message
as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the message may
have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender.
Should you require any further information, please contact the Compliance Manager on