-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 22:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Fancy Printer

Two printer questions:

First, any recommendations on a multiple paper printer. For example, the
first
page would be tray 1 with a letterhead, Page 2 would be a form using tray 2
and pages 3,4,5 etc would be tray 3 having white paper.

Have a working knowledge of HP PCL (5/6) I just don't know which printer
could
handle this kind of output. If the printer could staple the pages together,
it
would be that much better.

I've seen copy machines with this kind of magic. I'm just looking for some
direction in choosing a printer.

Second, sort of for D3. Are there any repetitive printer strings that could
be
send to the printer that precedes the actual output for each hold file. I'm
dancing with a few clients having medium HP printers and the same report
comes
out landscape or portrait depending on the previous output (pick or word
documents etc). I would like to either precede the output with an ESC E to
clear to the defaults or actually force the default continuously.

Presently I'm managing each report program by hand but there should be a
more
global solution.

These are Laserjet Series 6's. I don't have this problem on HP 2000 series.

Thanks in advance.