On Thursday 07 October 2004 6:46 am, Gordon Glorfield wrote:
> What was the exact error message you were getting?

   No error message, just results where int(88.04 * 10000) did not equal
  (88.04 * 10000)

  Basicly it looks like this code was meant to accept 88.04, but not 88.042

> What else has changed?

   After a little more investigation, and help from this newsgroup, I think
the problem is in the wide0 UniVerse setting.

> New version?  Is this UD or UV?  I need more information to be able to
> offer any advice.

  This is all on version 10.1.0 and 10.1.2(I believe) of UniVerse.

> BTW your work-around is not the same as the original.  I would expect
> entirely different results from the two.

   Yes, you are right... I was hasty. An IBM consultant working on this same
project recommended mulitplying these floats by 100, then adding .5, and
testing the INT() value after that.  What do you think?