At this time on a Friday evening, you can't possibly mean this weekend.

So, identify all your uv accounts over the next week and, for each one, scan
the VOC looking for any references in F2 to the TRANS file. Make a note of
them and, when you make the move, go back and change each one to point to
the new file.

On the other hand, if you really do mean this weekend, your best bet may be
to postpone the move, if you can't then perhaps a symbolic link if your Unix
OS supports them. Taking your post at face value, and with no warranty :

[backup everything, get all users off]
[cd to a uv account with a pointer to TRANS, enter uv, COUNT TRANS, write
down the result]
[cd /u1 then du -s TRANS and write down the Unix file "size" ]
cd /u1
cp -r TRANS /uv4
[cd /uv4 and du -s TRANS, check new unix "size" = old "size"]
cd /u1
rm -r TRANS [ or mv TRANS TRANS.justincase]
ln -s /uv4/TRANS TRANS
[cd to original uv account, enter UV and COUNT TRANS ]

This way, all uv accounts will look for TRANS in the original location, Unix
will follow the link to the new file and nobody will be any the wiser.
EXCEPT (1) I don't know whether UV-Net will fall for it (2) make sure your
backup scripts pick up the new file (3) I'm sure I've missed a number of
things which more experienced members will pick up for me

As soon as possible, revert to para 2 but don't run a "mixed" environment

Good luck,

Piers