Yes, we used to do it all of the time - until we converted most of our Unix clients to
Windows.

It sounds like you did a binary transfer, but you also may need to run convdata from
the O/S command line. help convdata in UD will provide the proper syntax.

However the "current language group" error is (IIRCC) something a little bit
different. I think the last time we moved a bunch of files I had to update the
language group even after doing the convdata. I believe the command was convmark.
Again, see the help for proper usage/syntax.

hth
Colin Alfke
in just snowed last night in Calgary