-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<snip>

Hello usergroup,

Just submitted this to IBM support, but I thought I'd see if anyone on
here had seen this.

One of our customer sites has just had the UVODBC client driver
installed and noticed that when this is installed software from another
supplier stops working.

The removal of the UVODBC driver means the other software works
perfectly fine again, without reinstalling it.

I have contacted the supplier of the software conflicting with the
UVODBC and they have stated that they use the Seagate Crystal Report
Writer Version 7 (32 bit) ocx within their class application that's
having the problem.

They have sent me a list of all the system files installed with their
application, which I have listed below, in case there are any conflicts
between the UVODBC driver and their system files.

<snip>
u2ddisk.dll
u2dmapi.dll
u2fcr.dll
u2fdif.dll
u2fhtml.dll
u2frec.dll
u2frtf.dll
u2fsepv.dll
u2ftext.dll
u2fwks.dll
u2fwordw.dll
u2fxls.dll
<snip>

Looking at some of the files above, it would seem that their software is
written in VB6, but other than that there's nothing obvious to me. (the
U2 dll's look suspicious, but not sure)

If anyone's able to advise on this I would be grateful.

We have installed the UVODBC on many sites and this is the first time we
have had a problem of this nature.

The Universe version is 10.1.3 and the client driver is the version
that's supplied with 10.1.3

Their server is a Windows server.

Thanks

Andy Moore