From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 November 2004 16:28
To: U2-Users
Subject: [U2] UniVerse 10.1.2 bug/error

I upgraded to uniVerse 10.1.2 over the weekend (AIX 4.3.3) and now if I do

analyze.shm -x

the login count shows 1, or at other times different numbers. There are
currently 27 users logged in this system.

Anyone heard of this? Is there a fix? We have a routine that uses this
output to verify license usage.

If I run uvlictool report_lic -a, I get this:

Server Edition mode of licensing is in effect.
No. Pid, Package  Device name             IP address      Device sub-key 1
  31070
3   23030
    23680
    2 license seats being used by this device.
6   26102
    29096
    2 license seats being used by this device.
11  33262
    20928
    2 license seats being used by this device.
12  39132
13  22166
1 license seats are in use.
33 license seats are available.

Clearly something's broken as we have 42 licenses:
>UV: config

Configuration data for license number NNNNNNNN:
User limit =    42
<stuff deleted>

Any ideas?

--
Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,

The contents of this e-mail are subject to contract in all cases and William
Hill PLC, its subsidiaries or affiliates make no contractual commitment save
where confirmed by hard copy.

The contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the views of William
Hill PLC, its subsidiaries or affiliates.  We accept no liability, including
liability for negligence, in respect of any statement in this e-mail.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be subject
to legal privilege and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately, then delete this e-mail.

Please note that William Hill can accept no responsibility for viruses and it
is your responsibility to scan any emails and their attachments.

This message was from William Hill PLC whose registered office is Greenside
House, 50 Station Road, Wood Green, London N22 7TP.  Company Registration
Number: 4212563 England.