-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Koch-Northrup
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 12:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] UV to Access via ODBC - driver issue

I've been struggling through this one the last few days - any help
would be GREATLY appreciated.

Platform:   Dataflo 5.8.4 on Universe 10.0.10 on Win2000 sp 3  (though
I don't think Dataflo is an issue here...)

Previously working state:

Dataflo screen via the Universe BCI module calls ODBC on the server -
in Data Sources (ODBC) System DSN tab I have a pointer to a Microsoft
Access 2000 file.    Screen sends an id to the Access database - a total
number of parts on a reel is returned from the Access database and
placed into the screen.   It's been working nicely for about 6 months.

How it was broken:

The system that stores data in the Access file was upgraded on
Thursday.   The Access file is now (I believe) at XP level.   The ODBC
connection is broken.

Attempted fix (that failed):

Research on Microsoft's site led me to believe that upgrading to Jet
4.0 sp 8 and MDAC 2.8 would fix the problem.   I found an article (which
I oddly can't find now...) that stated that Access beyond version 2000
no longer had a specific ODBC driver to connect to it - you now
connected through the Oracle driver.   Admittedly - I thought that was
an odd statement and I'm trying to get back to that article and read it
through again.

At the moment - I have the server sitting with Jet 4.0 sp 8 and MDAC
2.8 - and cannot connect to the Access file correctly.   Anyone run into
something similar?

Thanks!

John Koch-Northrup