Ron,
I frequently break up selects for readability by whomsoever will follow after me. I've managed to avoid awkward AND and OR logic - or at least limit it - by cascading selects.

- Charles "Readability" Barouch

Pingilley, Ron wrote:

The UV keyword REQUIRE.SELECT makes this a possibility.  On the Mentor and
Ultimate systems I cut my teeth on, if the 1st select returned zero records,
then the second select would select against the entire file.  Once I moved to
UV, and learned about REQUIRE.SELECT, then breaking out SELECT statements made
more sense.

--Ron P.

--

    - Charles Barouch
    (718) 762-3884 x 1   - Key Ally Voice Mail

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  - Consulting services
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - News
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - U2-Users Moderator

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    - Zeus Data Integration
    Mount Olympus, Home of Zeus Data Integration