-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony Dzikiewicz
Sent: 11 November 2004 16:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Universe SHOW Command and Group Locks

Hello Everyone,

The situation is this.  A user is running a paragraph from a menu.  That
paragraph simply LISTs the contents of a file.  When there is more than one
page of data to display, you get the "press any key" message.  We have had
situations when the person doing this LIST has walked away from the terminal
and caused recordlock situations for other users.  Mostly all of our READU's
have LOCKED clause that gets STATUS() and reports the user number that is
holding them up. In this case, I don't believe the locked clause is kicking
in (I would have to further test on this not 100% sure).  So, what happens
is that the guy that walked away from his list starts to lockup other
people.  Im not sure of the inner workings here on the LIST, but I think I
remember it having something to do with a group lock ?  I was wondering if
anyone would know if switching to the SHOW command would overcome the
problem.  It's kind of a hard one to test, because it doesn't happen all the
time either.  I thought someone with internals knowledge might shed some
light on this for me.
Thanks
Anthony Dzikiewicz