From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 November 2004 15:23
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] [UV] Help with fnuxi

This is correct... It's purely an issue with byte-ordering of the
systems.
In fact, there's nothing to say that if you could run windows on a
big-endian based architecture that you wouldn't have to run fnuxi when
transferring files between Windows accounts.

In fact, we had this issue years ago on some Unix platform, where the
vendor
(don't remember which one off hand) had two processor architectures,
with
different endian-ness.  Some customers found it odd that transferring
files
amongst same "machines" caused them to have to run fnuxi.  In reality,
while
they had the same Company logo, they weren't the same...

Dave