<quote who="Ray Wurlod">
> Source code for ED.B is in the BP file in the UV account.
>
> Make a copy of it, compile the copy (the original is compiled with the -I
> option), then use VLIST to see what's happening at address 0x4ea4.
>
> You may be able to adjust the maximum size of the array in question.

The problem turned out to be a loose nut on my keyboard (yes, mine).
Remember a thread a while back on the WIDE0 setting in uvconfig? I decided
to be pro-active because we do a bunch of precision calculations and what
might it hurt to change? It hurts any IF numeric comparison that falls
within some parameter for the given array.

The immediate symptom is ED ANYFILE ANYREC and then adding lines, copying
lines, doing a format command, or some combination thereof, caused the
ED.B verb to abort with the Array Index out of sorts error.

The fix? Put the WIDE0 setting in UVCONFIG back to 0x3dc00000 and uvregen
and then uv -admin -stop...start.

Thanks go to Glenn Teutsch and Joel Yates of IBM for their help.

Karl

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,