-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mats Carlid
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [U2] Verify Universe - was [U2] UniObjects and Triggers

Sara Burns wrote:

>We have solved our problem with the UniObjects by re-installing
>UniVerse after we found the checksum for uvapi_slave was different on
>our two machines.
>
>Is there any way to verify that the UniVerse binaries are correct?
>
>This would have saved us many hours of testing, red herrings and
>general desperation.  There was nothing visible at the file level which
>indicated the file had been updated, only the checksum.  We have been
>having disk errors on the machine and have now found that these
>binaries are on a mirrored set showing errors.  That was a surprise as
>we thought they were on a different disk array.
>
>AIX 5.2 ML_01, UniVerse 10.0.11
>
>Sara Burns

Yes,

when you install uv   a checksum check is performed and the checksums
 are kept in .../uv/checksums
 You'll find the code to rerun the check in one of the installation
scripts (uv.install?).

If they could be corrput reload them from the installation medium.

HTH
-- mats