Kevin,
        Keep in mind, you still need a "quiet" database or you'll have
numerous file access or corruption issues if processes try to access the
file(s) while you reseize. Also, you need to be sure to monitor temp space
or multiple resizes can fill it up and fail. Dynamics use the local space,
so you need to treat those differently.
        I looked at FAST, but due to several limitations, it was not going
to work in our environment. I created my own program, using guide -r for
recommendations, that only resizes static files 200meg and under, checks
temp space before and after(using the new sizing numbers), redirects the
resizes to an area with enough free space. Dynamics and large files are
done manually. I also stop and start Unidata, locking out all access to
the accounts, rerun guide when I am done to check for corruption, and only
resize files in overflow, never downsizing a file automatically.
        There is alot to think about and I'd look long and hard at tools
like FAST before using them as a cure all, may be a good tool, but I'd be
prepared for alot of monitoring and manual intervention.
Good luck!

"Kevin King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
11/24/2004 10:01 AM