-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bright, Frank
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 13:38
To: U2-Users Group (E-mail)
Subject: [U2] Testing if a Unidata file has records or not!

To All:

I am writing an interesting program.  One that finds where a file is empty
of records or not.  I used the EXECUTE command with the COUNT command to get
the number of records in a file.  If its 0 then the file is empty.

But is there a better way as the execution command causes problem in other
parts of this program.

So, if anyone has any ideas along the lines of telling if a file is empty
(Unidata file), could you please give me a note!

Thank You Very Much!

Frank Bright
Univ. of the Arts