Peter D. Ivanick wrote:

I've got a request from my programmer to set the delete key to act as the backspace key does inside UniVerse in the terminal definition (VT100UV) -- it works as expected at the bash shell but not at the TCL prompt, even though I've run both tic & uvtic to compile them, and used SET.TERM.TYPE at the TCL prompt. I keep getting ^? as the character returned from the delete key, and I can't seem to get it mapped properly , using kdch1, kbs, or bs set to \b. Any tips would be gratefully received.

"stty erase '^?'" in the user's .profile or .bash_profile will work. The only caveat is that the backspace key will no longer work for backspace, only the delete key will work. But if you're dealing with an old VT100 terminal that only has a delete key, this shouldn't be a problem.

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator