I have been investigating this further, whether we need to actually apply a
value to subkey in a uniobject client as the IBM documentation explains what
it is, but does not say that anything should be done.

My concern is, if we feed a value into subkey that this would then be
different to the ODBC and wintegrate/dynamic connect subkeys, how does this
then allow the server to recognise that these calls all came from the same
desktop.

I ran a test with a VB program without entering a subkey value and then ran
it multiple times from the desktop.  Running uvlictool this multiple
sessions but they only used one licensed seat which is correct.

I then ran dynamic connect and a session of the VB program and again
uvlictool showed multiple sessions that only took one licensed seat.

However when I ran dynamic connect and multiple VB sessions, the uvlictool
showed 2 seats was consumed. The curly was that the last line said only one
seat was used.  (This may be to do with a bug in the uvlictool that is
supposed to be fixed in the latest release)

        Packages in use:   UVCS
2 license seats are in use.
3 license seats are available.

        Packages in use:
        UVCS has 5 licensed seats and 1 in use.

At the moment I assume we do not need to enter a subkey value.  Can anyone
else confirm this?

Regards

David Jordan