DTOTALS is a two dimensional array, which has been dimensioned,
   however, not all the slots have been filled.

   DIM TOTALS(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM ADVTOT(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM PRJTOT(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM REPTOT(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM DTOTALS(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM DADVTOT(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM DPRJTOT(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)
   DIM DREPTOT(MAXNOIR,MAXADV)

So I'm guessing then, to avoid it, I have to put a "" in every possible
slot in each array?

I say "" not 0, since the contents of the arrays will be multi dimensional
   dynamic arrays, and not integer numbers.

George