-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Richard Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 08:15
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] The list format and usefulness

My $0.02

I strongly disagree with this approach.

1) I think you would lose some valuable and useful responses as not all
summaries will be posted

2) I like to see the alternative approaches as my particular problem may
not be exactly like the one posted, but one of the solutions might well
work for me.

3) I can easily delete threads I don't want to read so this is not a
bother.  I consider the risk of missing useful information more important.
(BTW, GOTO's are the root of all evil :) )

4) In today's world bandwidth is simply not the issue it used to be.  Give
me the information and let me search.  If it is of concern to someone then
can select digest mode which would at least control when the impact is
seen.

I am not say that Dave it doing this, but please don't let this board turn
into a place where people get flamed for asking a repetitive or "dumb"
question.  I have seen this happen in other forums and it really turns off
active participation by all but a few 'elite' members.

For me I would rather see folks spend a little more time on the subject
line to make searching easier then worry about posting summaries.

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.528.0319
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701