GOTO    www.tudogs.com and in the search type in office.

Regards
Bjorn

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 January 2005 07:02
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] free txt-to-pdf converter

MS Word free? Where can I get it???

Just to add another option... have you tried Open Office (which is free)
instead of Word/Excel/Ghost Script/et al, and takes HTML output with CSS (or
Open Office formatted XML amongst other formats) and outputs direct to PDF?
It also runs under Windows, Linux and some other *nix environments.

(Apologies if someone has mentioned Open Office as an option before - as
someone mentioned recently, www.indexinfocus.com is um, how should I put
this nicely, "sub-optimal" for searching.)

Cheers,

Stuart

[ps. what is it with the "450 Lynx formatting failed error" that occurs when
I don't send to the group in plain text format?]

nice formatting, fonts,

> etc into MS Word. Using the MS Word DOM which is very familiar with
> HTML

> and XML structures, I tweek the document for pagination via scripting

> (eliminating the line creep situation that David describes), then save
the

> document as PostScript. I then execute GhostScript which is a perfect
tool

> for converting PostScript to PDF. All of this is free and it works
> very

> well.

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have received
this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3 9269
7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.