From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Matt Stern
Sent:   Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:38 AM
To:     u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject:        Re: [U2] [UV]Strange But True

But wait, it gets even weirder!
If you do the following, to make sure there's no chance of the two
strings acting as numeric:

VAL1 = "43008E-112": ""
and
VAL2 = "43008E-108":""

the program still fails.  When you REALLY make sure you're doing a string
compare with
IF (VAL1:"" = VAL2:"") THEN
it STILL FAILS!
Oh well, I guess U2 has a mind of its own with regard to string compare.  Note
that the string compare works OK on most generic Pick platforms.
Matthew H. Stern, CCP/CDP, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Serving the IT industry since 1976
Comprehensive Computer Services Inc.
www.comprehensive.com
Phone: 631 755-2250, Fax 755-2254
560 Broad Hollow Road, Melville NY 11747