Any active Index? Indices up to date on both boxes?

Schalk van Zyl

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:45:13 -0500, Dianne Ackerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Is it possible that the UV accounts you're running on are different
> flavors?  SELECTs in different flavors definitely work differently.
> -Dianne
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I have come across a problem with select statements behaving differently
>> between my two RISC boxes.
>>
>> I have two RS6000 machines : one for production and the other for
>> development.
>>
>> Both UV 10.0.14 and AIX 5.2
>>
>> While testing a program change on the development box, I came across a
>> situation where a SELECT statement gave me different results when
>> compared
>> to production.  To get around this, I had to break up the SELECT
>> statement
>> into two parts.
>>
>> My question is: "Is there a setting somewhere that is not in synch
>> between
>> production and development machines that could cause this. If so, what?"
>>
>> Please accept the fact that the contents of the SELECT statement are
>> good
>> (I'd rather not  explain the definitions of the dictionary items or the
>> contents of the phrase "PHRASE"
>>

>> 0117:       STATEMENT = 'SELECT DB.PSES WITH SUB.ID = "':ACTUAL.ID:'"
>> AND
>> WITH  TRANS.DT = "" AND WITH ISSUE.DT <= "':ISSUE.DT:'" AND WITH
>> ACCOUNT #
>> 600 AND WITH ACCOUNT # 506 AND WITH @ID UNLIKE DEL... ':PHRASE
>>
>> 0118:       STATEMENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:"SAVE.LIST
>> PSES.TAPE.":ISSUE.DT:".":SUB.ID
>>
>> 0119:       EXECUTE STATEMENT
>>
>> 0 record(s) selected to SELECT list #0.
>>
>> 0 record(s) SAVEd to SELECT list "PSES.TAPE.03/31/02.M".
>>

>> This does work:
>>

>> 0117:       STATEMENT = 'SELECT DB.PSES WITH SUB.ID = "':ACTUAL.ID:'"
>> AND
>> WITH  TRANS.DT = "" AND WITH ISSUE.DT <= "':ISSUE.DT:'"'
>>
>> 0118: STATEMENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:'SELECT DB.PSES  WITH ACCOUNT # 600 AND
>> WITH
>> ACCOUNT #
>> 506   AND WITH @ID UNLIKE DEL... ':PHRASE:' SELECT.ONLY'
>>
>> 0119:       STATEMENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:"SAVE.LIST
>> PSES.TAPE.":ISSUE.DT:".":SUB.ID
>>
>> 0120:       EXECUTE STATEMENT
>>
>> 265 record(s) selected to SELECT list #0.
>>
>> 265 record(s) selected to SELECT list #0.
>>
>> 265 record(s) SAVEd to SELECT list "PSES.TAPE.03/31/02.M".
>>

>> On my production machine, the first statement works and yields the same
>> results as the second statement from development
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim

Schalk van Zyl

GWK BEPERK/LIMITED (REG: 1997/022252/06)
POSBUS 47 PO BOX 8730
DOUGLAS

Direkteure/Directors: NB Jacobs, FJ Lawrence, J v/d S Botes,
JH Coetzee, JGD Smit, JF Jacobs, AO M|ller, JW Smit,
WG M|lke, JG Stander, JH van Dyk(MD/BD), JG Jacobs, A M|ller, M van Zyl,
Sekr/Secr: E van Niekerk.

Hierdie e-pos is onderworpe aan 'n vrywaring beskikbaar by:
http://www.gwk.co.za/DisclaimerVrywaring.asp
This e-mail is subjected to the disclaimer that can be viewed at:
http://www.gwk.co.za/DisclaimerVrywaring.asp