Okay, tested the process against the file with no indexes. It ran in 19
minutes. it was taking hours before. I didn't save a copy of LIST.INDEX
FILE ALL DETAIL but it did have some very skewed groups, as I watched it
scroll by. But mostly it looked very even... I've never seen this behavior
before, however, and am still perplexed.

Karl

<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,