Actually, it does work with both Accuterm and HostAccess also.
-Dianne

Dave Schexnayder wrote:

Dianne,

Device licensing only works with SBClient/UV tools.  It does not work with
other terminal emulators.  And for SBClient to work, it must be at least
5.2.x.  Each tool, UniObjects, SBClient, etc. has a device licensing .dll
that handshakes with the server to determine the license count.

Use UVLICTOOL (an executable outside of UV) or UniAdmin to see the actual
license count.

I hope this helps.

Dave Schexnayder. Cheetah Advanced Tech, Inc.

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dianne Ackerman Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:22 PM To: U2 List Server Subject: [U2] [UV] Device Licensing

Could someone tell me how to "test" whether device license is running? I've opened a session with accuterm and then opened a second session. When I do a LISTU the final count does include both sessions, which would make me think that device licensing is not available. But when I do a CONFIG, it displays "Device licensing is in effect". Is that a conflict or is the LISTU not the way to check it? Thanks! -Dianne