From: "Andrea Charles" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 8:31 AM
Subject: [U2] UV-piopen TRANS function

> Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to bite the bullet and
> add the RAISE to all i-descriptors. Think I can come up with a BASIC
program
> to accomplish this. And learned about K=K in the process.

<snip>

If you're going to programmatically change a bunch of dictionaries, you
might want to add your own function instead of adding the RAISE statement to
the dictionaries.  For the cost of the overhead of calling an additional
function you'll get two benefits.  First, is that if your code has to be
tweaked, you'll only have to do it in one place, and second is that you can
find/identify all of the dictionary items that you've changed by searching
for your unique function name.

Lastly, if you use the REMOVE function within your code, instead of
resetting the pointer, just use a temporary variable so that the position of
the pointer in the passed in argument is both irrelevant and unchanged.
That way you don't inadvertantly affect a piece of code that's working with
the array.