I convert people from ThroroughBred at least once a quarter... For a fact,
the easiest method is to get them to either send reports to text files, or
get a programmer to write a simple dump file...

In my case, I have them write the data into a dump file delimitted by
'Pipes' (|), a record per line ... I convert the line breaks to attributes
(254) and the pipes to values (253), then TRIM the whole thing since they
are all fixed-length fields... I then run a loop to REMOVE a record and
parse and import...

Works pretty fast - I can import the data WAY faster than their processes
can export the files.

I guess I've done 6 or 8 or so of these conversions, but have always has
someone who knew the data on their Thoroughbred side, as the files I work
with are **really bad** as far as data integrity, but that's more about the
application than about Thoroughbred!! (And a reason we get them as
customers! <g>)

If you know UniBasic, you can slog your way through BusinessBasic - Myself,
I learned about programming from MAI Basic/IV - the people that gave us
BusinessBasic!  I think Thoroughbred actually has variable names that are
not I0$ and A2$ like when I worked with BB4. Once you get used to the file
and printer 'channels', it's not that different to work with.

David W.