Isn't it true that SOX only applies to companies that are publicly traded? I
guess if a company were thinking of being publicly traded in the near future
they might be concerned but if they don't should they be concerned?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Baakkonen, Rodney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 11:02 AM
Subject: RE: [U2] [UV] SOX Compliance and Universe

Seeing this post made me wonder how other companies productivity has changed
since SOX. We are going to have to hire people to do jobs that did not exist
before. Programming changes that used to take less than a day usually cannot
be done now in that time frame. In order to get the proper signoffs from the
business, stuff sits and waits now. Our auditors are insisting that we have
one person on the business side that makes sure all signoffs are done before
anything goes into production.

It really is not so bad for our programmers. They aren't doing that much
more work. But the business users are exasperated at the time it takes us to
get new software and fixes into production.

It seems like a pendulum has swung too far to the other side to correct for
problems caused by Enron, Global Crossings and the like. This probably
should go off-topic, but in a way is relevant as it has had a major impact
on how software is done in our company.