For the benefit of the group (I emailed David offline).

In windows it's the @ sign not $ sign for environment variables.

ie. 002: @UDTBIN\saved_logs

Thanks,

--
Donald Verhagen
Application Development Manager

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3:30:06 PM 01/28/2005 >>>
How can I get this to work as I would like:

I want to have a VOC entry called UDT_SAVED_LOGS

001: DIR
002: $UDTBIN\saved_logs
003: D_BP

The Dict section doesn't matter, it just has to exist... And I would have
thought the $UDTBIN would map correctly, but it does not (6.0.6, NT) --
Should it?  Or is this one of those where each site would have to be
hard-coded to the path??

My goal is an 'In-App' test of logs - things like Replication can die
quietly..., and with no effect on the end user to warn them...  I want to
test the file for size and content and decide if I should raise a 'Red
Alert' within the appication - I can hard code the path per site, but seems
like enrvironmantals *should* work...

David W.