I had converted normal UV accounts to a schema for one client because it
improved the access via ODBC/ADO.  You could then access the data files
externally as SQL tables or normally in UV.  Just remember to grant
'public' sufficent access for the normal UV users to work.

You can do SQL statements in a UV account without doing any of this as
someone else suggested.