From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:42 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe to Web interface

In a message dated 2/8/2005 9:33:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> It sounds like you want to visit a web page and see the output of a UV
> BASIC program, but I might be misunderstanding you.

Yes Wendy that is exactly what I want to do.
Now, how do I do it?
All I want is a web page where you click on a button and it says Hello
World, you're on port xxx Where it's getting *something* (anything) out of
the Universe environment Which is running on Windows
    The web page works, it does an action... I can make it open a new DOS
window, I can make it pull up a pure text page (from Windows).  So I know
that IIS is alive and kicking.  The only part I'm stuck on is how do you get
it to run a routine inside the Universe environment?
    I setup a routine in Universe to return an HTML page, but I think it's
getting stuck on getting INTO Universe.  That's what I think.
    All I'm doing is specifying the Universe executable and then a
subroutine name so like:
H:/something/something/something/uv.exe  MYROUTINE

Which is how I read the examples that seemed to work from the archives.
Will