If  you're using FTP to do the transfer from UNIX to DOS (which you say you
are) then make the the FTP Transfer mode is ASCII, it usually defaults to
BINARY (BIN). Most FTP clients will automatically convert CR to CRLF when
transfering in ASCII mode.

"ASSIGN 1 to SYSTEM(1017)"
In Unidata the equivalent command for no conversion is "NOCONVERT [ON | OFF]"

Thanks,

--
Donald Verhagen
Application Development Manager

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 7:37:01 PM 02/09/2005 >>>
There should be a ux2dos or unix2dos program in the operating system you can
use to convert cr to crlf. Example: cat foo.txt| ux2dos > new.txt ; mv new.txt
foo.txt

You can execute this statement from your basic program etc...