Brenda,

Some of our more "inventive" users can get around this one easily by
pressing <Enter>, typing 1.3, etc. I've found that this works:

CASE SEL MATCHES '1N0N' AND SEL >= 1 AND SEL <= MAX.VAL

This forces each character of SEL to be an integer (0-9) and nothing  else.

Regards,
Charlie Noah

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   writes:

Will,

Since the input can be several alpha characters as well as  numeric.  The fix
is listed below.

CASE NUM(SEL) AND SEL GE 1 AND  SEL LE MAX.VAL

Thank you everyone for the responses.  However, the  programs were fixed
before I asked the question.  The question was not  how to fix the problem but
why
it occurred.  MAX.VAL represents the  maximum attributes in a record in some
cases, in others the maximum number of  multi-values.

I just have a hard time visualizing why 1X is GE than 1  and LE 40 (from the
program I tracked the error to).  We are assuming it  has something to do with
Scientific  notation.

Brenda
-------
u2-users mailing  list