MBTPublish,

Sunday, February 13, 2005, 10:39:00 AM, you wrote:

Mac> When I'm teaching my Basic programming courses, I am frequently asked about
Mac> any Windows editors which might be used to edit the source programs which
are
Mac> held in DIRECTORY / DIR type files.  Can anyone suggest any suitable
Mac> software which I might recommend?

Mac> It would be nice if the software had facilities for highlighting keywords,
Mac> labels, variables and so on, and if it could indent the source code.

Textpad at textpad.com   You can define hightlight syntax and even
create a list oc commands and options.

There is a syntax file available from their site for PICK. I have one
for uniVerse and one for OpenInsight that I use daily for many years

Give it a try .. it's free to test (with a nag screen only)

--
DSig                                 `````
David Tod Sigafoos                  ( O O )

Cannot open file "C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DAVID TOD SIGAFOOS\APPLICATION
DATA\BATMAIL\COOKIES.TXT"